Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't Just Stand There: Be Incredible

Did I mention I am very active with our agency's internship program? Creative Civilization is the apple of my eye, as you can imagine. The agency owners, Al Aguilar and Gisela Girard, showed mercy when they hired me in 2006. Over the years, I've grown in my own skin both professionally and personally and I attribute my happiness and success today to the internships I took advantage of when I was an undergraduate student.

When I was hired at Creative Civilization as an assistant account executive in the PR department, I had already tried a marketing internship in the medical industry, a PR internship at a local non-profit and then finally an eye-opening expereince as an account service intern for a downtown ad agency. That's when I knew I wanted to work at an agency, doing public relations. I just needed my big break - and Al and Gisela gave me that.

So these days, when I'm not in meetings, planning awesome events, meeting celebrities and community leaders and talking to the media - I like to help young people who are in still college and thinking of ways to break into this industry of marketing, advertising and PR.

I get to do that because Creative Civilization has an amazing internship program that attracts great talent from some of the best colleges/programs around, and also prepares students for entry-level positions upon graduation. I am proud to say that most of our past interns are currently employed in the business.

If you want to do something great, visit www.creativecivilization.com to learn more about us. We are currently accepting resumes and setting up interviews for promising candidates for the Fall 2009 Internship Program.

I know a big part of you would rather spend your afternoons hanging out with your friends after class, taking much needed naps or, like this former Texas State student, lay out in the sun by the river, but I know a bigger part of you is wondering about what lies ahead.

Don't let this economy scare you. You have a dream, don't you? There's a place for you in this world and if you've come this far, even to reading this little blog - that tells me there's something inside of you telling you this is what you were meant to do.

So don't just stand there. It's always the right time to take charge and let your light shine.

Creative Civilization Internship Program - Fall 2009

We have positions in:
- Account Service (This is great for marketing and advertising students)
- Public Relations (This is great for PR students)
- Creative (This is great for communication design, graphic design majors)
- Media Buying/Planning (UT-Austin is one of the only schools in South Texas with a program for Media Buying and Planning, but we often get students who are interested in advertising who excel in this area).

Send your resume to: theprblog@gmail.com or look me up on LinkedIn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment